My friend Valerie Storey (Valerie Storey Writing at Dava Books) has awarded me the Liebster Blog Award! It is an award for those who have blogs with under 200 followers. (To follow my blog, go to the sidebar on the right and sign up!) Thank you, Valerie, for the award. This is just the type of blog activity I love!
Liebster is a German word that means "darling" and I think there is something of that in each of the blogs I have given the Liebster award to below that would qualify.
I'm not quite ready to do all of 11 awards, but will start with just a few and add more later. I'm having fun with this and I hope you do too!
There are just three rules to receive the Liebster Blog Award:
1. The selected bloggers must post 11 facts about themselves.
2. They must also answer 11 questions the tagger has asked, and then ask 11 questions of 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers. Be sure to tell them they've been tagged.
3. Remember, no tag backs.
Here are my 11 facts about myself:
1. I kept a diary, a few notes every single day for four years, during my pre-teen years.
2. During my childhood, every Friday evening my parents took us to the library while they were banking and shopping, and my sisters and I checked out several books to read during the week.
3. It was in 1994 that I first had the inspiration to write, sitting in my apartment in Prescott, AZ, working on cross-stitch, listening to music.
4. I’ve lived in five States: Wisconsin, Oregon, Washington, Arizona and New Mexico. And hung out in California for a while too.
5. Attending my first semester of college at 25, I got straight A’s.
6. I received a Master’s degree in counseling psychology in 1989.
7. I am not good at any crafts or sewing really. But I can tell a story.
8. My favorite authors are Barbara Kingsolver, Terry Tempest Williams, and Nevada Barr. All deep into nature and the ecosystem. But I also love Jackie Collins, Candace Bushnell and Terry McMillan. They write about relationships.
9. I grew up on 12 acres in the country in Wisconsin.
10. I love movies as much as I love books.
11. My day job is essentially an editor position (and supervisor).
The answers to Valerie's 11 questions:
1. Where was the last place you went on vacation?
Estes Park, Colorado (Plein Air Rockies with my artist husband Tom)
2. What is your favorite board game?
Clue (Alfred Hitchcock edition)
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world—money no object—where would it be?
The South Pacific
4. Which three literary characters would you like to invite for dinner?
Anna Pigeon from the Nevada Barr novels; Lucky Santangelo from Jackie Collins’ books; and Harriet the Spy
5. What would the menu be?
Wine, soup, salad, bison, baked potato, a fancy dessert, all gluten-free.
6. What’s the next book to read in your TBR pile?
7. What’s your favorite piece of clothing and why?
A wildly outrageous shift of a dress my sister bought me in Cancun; it’s orange and I wear it only at home. I don’t look good in orange.
8. What made you start blogging?
9. Do you have a ritual before you start writing or creating? If so, what is it? Not really. I do like prompts though, like cutting out phrases or photos from a magazine to help inspire ideas, or using Polyvore.com
10. Who is your favorite artist, and why?
Tom Blazier. He is an excellent landscape artist (and also my husband).
11. What’s your guilty pleasure TV show?
So You Think You Can Dance
11 Questions for my Blogger Friends to Answer:
1. What was the best meal you’ve experienced recently?
2. What country would you visit to do all your favorite things?
3. If your life was made into a movie, who would you choose to direct it?
4. If you weren’t doing what your blog is about, what would be your next favorite activity?
5. What was the best risk you’ve ever taken?
6. What was your favorite job?
7. You walk up to a restaurant/bar and hear your favorite music. What kind of music is it?
8. Would you rather be a snow bunny, a beach bum, or a mountain trekker? Why?
9. Do you play a musical instrument? Which one, and if not, what would you like to play?
10. Which do you prefer: sunrise or sunset? Why?
11. What style of furniture do you like the best?
Here are the blogs I have decided to give the Liebster Award to (in no particular order):