Tuesday, December 25, 2012
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Monday, August 27, 2012
My friend Valerie Storey (Valerie Storey Writing at Dava Books) has awarded me the Liebster Blog Award! It is an award for those who have blogs with under 200 followers. (To follow my blog, go to the sidebar on the right and sign up!) Thank you, Valerie, for the award. This is just the type of blog activity I love!
Liebster is a German word that means "darling" and I think there is something of that in each of the blogs I have given the Liebster award to below that would qualify.
I'm not quite ready to do all of 11 awards, but will start with just a few and add more later. I'm having fun with this and I hope you do too!
There are just three rules to receive the Liebster Blog Award:
1. The selected bloggers must post 11 facts about themselves.
2. They must also answer 11 questions the tagger has asked, and then ask 11 questions of 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers. Be sure to tell them they've been tagged.
3. Remember, no tag backs.
Here are my 11 facts about myself:
1. I kept a diary, a few notes every single day for four years, during my pre-teen years.
2. During my childhood, every Friday evening my parents took us to the library while they were banking and shopping, and my sisters and I checked out several books to read during the week.
3. It was in 1994 that I first had the inspiration to write, sitting in my apartment in Prescott, AZ, working on cross-stitch, listening to music.
4. I’ve lived in five States: Wisconsin, Oregon, Washington, Arizona and New Mexico. And hung out in California for a while too.
5. Attending my first semester of college at 25, I got straight A’s.
6. I received a Master’s degree in counseling psychology in 1989.
7. I am not good at any crafts or sewing really. But I can tell a story.
8. My favorite authors are Barbara Kingsolver, Terry Tempest Williams, and Nevada Barr. All deep into nature and the ecosystem. But I also love Jackie Collins, Candace Bushnell and Terry McMillan. They write about relationships.
9. I grew up on 12 acres in the country in Wisconsin.
10. I love movies as much as I love books.
11. My day job is essentially an editor position (and supervisor).
The answers to Valerie's 11 questions:
1. Where was the last place you went on vacation?
Estes Park, Colorado (Plein Air Rockies with my artist husband Tom)
2. What is your favorite board game?
Clue (Alfred Hitchcock edition)
3. If you could travel anywhere in the world—money no object—where would it be?
The South Pacific
4. Which three literary characters would you like to invite for dinner?
Anna Pigeon from the Nevada Barr novels; Lucky Santangelo from Jackie Collins’ books; and Harriet the Spy
5. What would the menu be?
Wine, soup, salad, bison, baked potato, a fancy dessert, all gluten-free.
6. What’s the next book to read in your TBR pile?
7. What’s your favorite piece of clothing and why?
A wildly outrageous shift of a dress my sister bought me in Cancun; it’s orange and I wear it only at home. I don’t look good in orange.
8. What made you start blogging?
9. Do you have a ritual before you start writing or creating? If so, what is it? Not really. I do like prompts though, like cutting out phrases or photos from a magazine to help inspire ideas, or using Polyvore.com
10. Who is your favorite artist, and why?
Tom Blazier. He is an excellent landscape artist (and also my husband).
11. What’s your guilty pleasure TV show?
So You Think You Can Dance
11 Questions for my Blogger Friends to Answer:
1. What was the best meal you’ve experienced recently?
2. What country would you visit to do all your favorite things?
3. If your life was made into a movie, who would you choose to direct it?
4. If you weren’t doing what your blog is about, what would be your next favorite activity?
5. What was the best risk you’ve ever taken?
6. What was your favorite job?
7. You walk up to a restaurant/bar and hear your favorite music. What kind of music is it?
8. Would you rather be a snow bunny, a beach bum, or a mountain trekker? Why?
9. Do you play a musical instrument? Which one, and if not, what would you like to play?
10. Which do you prefer: sunrise or sunset? Why?
11. What style of furniture do you like the best?
Here are the blogs I have decided to give the Liebster Award to (in no particular order):
Wednesday, May 16, 2012
I am excited that my first published book is now in print! For many of you, family reunions will be coming up over the summer, so this is perfect timing. I have enjoyed my Poff family reunions (that's my birth family), as well as reunions with the Blazier's, Tom's family. This book was designed for recording these special family gatherings, and I hope you will find it to be just what you need!
Here is a summary of what you will find inside:
Here is a summary of what you will find inside:
The Family Reunion Keepsake Book is a journal/photo album for chronicling 12 years of family reunions. There are 12 chapters to record each year’s family reunion with seven pages in each chapter to document the event. The first page is for recording details about the reunion, including date and location. The second page is for a copy of the invitation and a space for a family group photo. The third page is for recording transitions: arrivals (births) and departures (deaths), and marriages since the last reunion. The fourth and fifth pages are guest registers for autographs of those in attendance and for contact information. On the sixth page are two maps, U.S. and World, to mark the location of the reunion and where family members have traveled from in order to attend the event. The seventh page is a place for a journal entry regarding the reunion. At the end of the book are suggestions for planning and hosting the event.
Please revisit often because I will be posting articles on planning and hosting reunions.
I hope you will comment here and let me know how you found my website. Looking forward to hearing from you!